For the understanding of everyone, I have decided to post what has happened before I brought Yami to tumblr. These are all a chain of events in a roleplay my best friend and I still do today. This is our roleplay, and we do what we want. Which involves alot of character abuse and darkness consuming, sorry, but we enjoy that.
- Its post KH2. Before King Mickey wrote to the trio on the islands. Sora and Riku almost constantly abused. For example, Ansem is back and he has taken residence inside Riku’s heart. His darkness is replacing his light at a fast rate. If Riku or Ansem die, the other will die with them. Because of all this, Riku faces a daily struggle against darkness. Its starts to affect sooner or later.
- a little while later, Riku and Sora meet Vanitas. and he’s just as evil as before. When Vanitas ‘died’ with Ven they both took shelter in Sora’s heart. Vanitas is looking for a new host and what do you know? He’s also the reason for Sora having a Keyblade. While Vani was on Destiny Islands he performed the Inheritance Ceremony around the time Terra did on Riku. (Again, THIS IS RP. I KNOW THIS NEVER HAPPENED. FUCK THE POLICE) Vanitas need Sora to have a sustainable amount of darkness in him for Sora to become his new host.
- Here comes Yami. After all this crap they were put through, Sora’s darkness became sort of.. alive. That formed into Yami. Yami is just about as big a bastard as Vanitas. He’s tried to take over Sora permanently and corrupt Riku’s herat just enough for it to break. Which would mean the end of the worlds since Ansem would die and all the heartless with him, and so on and so forth. Of course, Yami didn’t give a fuck. More destruction meant more fun for him.
- Eventually while Sora and Riku were hanging out Yami took over Riku and decided to have some ‘fun’ with him. These became their games together. Mostly just kissing and touching but it lead to Riku getting an understand of Yami. Yami’s a lonely guy who just sits inside Sora’s heart doing absolutely nothing. He can hear what goes on outside and he wants to be part of it. He’s not completely bad. Later on Yami started to trust Riku and he told him his name. He started to protect Riku from Ansem’s pain and abuse. To quote Riku-
“But still.. I know you love me like Sora does. I can tell… I can feel it in you. Even if Sora wouldn’t die if I died, I know you would still protect me *smiles* I accepted you Yami. When I could have very well just demanded you to bring Sora back. Instead I let you control him then so we could be together for awhile. You trusted me enough not to kill me or corrupt me beyond fixing like you wanted to before. I gave you a chance and you took it. You made me love you, and I can tell you have that feeling in return for me.”
For Yami, this was being accepted for the first time in his miserable and lonely life. Riku saved him from himself in a way and he will be forever loving and loyal toward Riku.
- Since then, Yami has had Riku’s back whenever there have been instances where they were all in trouble. Which is most of the time actually. Nevertheless, Yami will stick by Riku til the bitter end. His attitude toward Sora hasn’t changed much. He still wishes Sora would go take hike, or that Riku would get over him. Yami knows it won’t ever happen, but he still can’t help but try to get his wish.